It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just installed the last version 1.7.4 (offline installer), but when I launch the game, it crashes very fast : sometimes during the knight logo [Herocraft], sometimes during loading screen or when I arrive at the main menu, but it takes never more than several seconds.
If I reinstall previous version, 1.5.1, I have no issue, and notice that before the knight logo, I see a lion logo [Lion's Shade] (maybe it's related ?)

Does anyone has the same issue and eventually a solution ?
I'm on Win10 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, Intel i5-11600K, 16Go RAM.
Post edited May 02, 2023 by Splatsch
I took a look at the player.log file located in "C:\Users\ME\AppData\LocalLow\LionsShade\Tempest", and here is an interesting part :
-----------------------------
Uploading Crash Report
[std]E Exception has been thrown. This can cause saving problems, so game will now exit!
[std]E UnauthorizedAccessError: RequestUserStatsAndAchievements: not signed in
Galaxy.Api.IStats.RequestUserStatsAndAchievements () (at <efa7bc5d6508448eb95f2e5aa58f3744>:0)
Assets.GameClients.GogManager+<Signing>d__5.MoveNext () (at <20d70a56c67b485ab42be0621c81152c>:0)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <6ccdcffe9426477cac34f953e710bf6d>:0)
UnauthorizedAccessError: RequestUserStatsAndAchievements: not signed in
at Galaxy.Api.IStats.RequestUserStatsAndAchievements () [0x0001a] in <efa7bc5d6508448eb95f2e5aa58f3744>:0
at Assets.GameClients.GogManager+<Signing>d__5.MoveNext () [0x00047] in <20d70a56c67b485ab42be0621c81152c>:0
at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <6ccdcffe9426477cac34f953e710bf6d>:0
-----------------------------
Post edited May 02, 2023 by Splatsch
Splatsch: I just installed the last version 1.7.4 (offline installer), but when I launch the game, it crashes very fast : sometimes during the knight logo [Herocraft], sometimes during loading screen or when I arrive at the main menu, but it takes never more than several seconds.
If I reinstall previous version, 1.5.1, I have no issue, and notice that before the knight logo, I see a lion logo [Lion's Shade] (maybe it's related ?)

Does anyone has the same issue and eventually a solution ?
I'm on Win10 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, Intel i5-11600K, 16Go RAM.
For my friends, the game also closes after the first splash screen.
Anklava: For my friends, the game also closes after the first splash screen.
Could they submit a ticket to support at GOG if they can ?
I tried to submit one to the devs of the game one month ago, they told me they'll try to look into this but... well I still haven't got any news since ^^" (I'm sending them an email again, to ask if there are news :))
Post edited June 08, 2023 by Splatsch
It seems reports here show that Galaxy is expected to run in the background. If that is the case, this version of the game would need to be fixed to run without it (or without crashing if Galaxy isn't running, at least).
Post edited June 12, 2023 by Darucas
Splatsch: Could they submit a ticket to support at GOG if they can ?
I tried to submit one to the devs of the game one month ago, they told me they'll try to look into this but... well I still haven't got any news since ^^" (I'm sending them an email again, to ask if there are news :))
I submitted a ticket. Ridiculous that an issue like this can happen, but that's modern gaming for ya. I had naively thought the 1.74 version would be fine since I didn't have past issues with this game. I should have trusted my instincts and not updated. It was only due to forum users who care about the DRM issue that I was made aware of it.
I made the test and if Galaxy runs in the background, the game doesn't crashes indeed.
So it's definitely related to Galaxy.

I send a ticket to support too, hopefully they'll fix this !
Splatsch: I made the test and if Galaxy runs in the background, the game doesn't crashes indeed.

Thanks for this. Here's hoping.
Splatsch: I made the test and if Galaxy runs in the background, the game doesn't crashes indeed.

I received a reply back that it is a known issue being investigated. Unfortunately, there is no current fix. I was recommended to use Galaxy to have access to the rollback feature, download the previous version (which didn't contain this issue), then uninstall Galaxy if I wished, since once you have the old offline installer it should work fine. For users who are okay with using Galaxy as a "download manager" of sorts, this may be an acceptable workaround. I do not wish to use Galaxy, so it looks like I will still be waiting, myself *shrugs*
rjbuffchix: I received a reply back that it is a known issue being investigated. Unfortunately, there is no current fix. I was recommended to use Galaxy to have access to the rollback feature, download the previous version (which didn't contain this issue), then uninstall Galaxy if I wished, since once you have the old offline installer it should work fine. For users who are okay with using Galaxy as a "download manager" of sorts, this may be an acceptable workaround. I do not wish to use Galaxy, so it looks like I will still be waiting, myself *shrugs*
Game just has been updated to 1.7.5, and the issue seems to be fixed ! :D
Game should be fixed now !
Post edited October 24, 2023 by Splatsch
rjbuffchix: I received a reply back that it is a known issue being investigated. Unfortunately, there is no current fix. I was recommended to use Galaxy to have access to the rollback feature, download the previous version (which didn't contain this issue), then uninstall Galaxy if I wished, since once you have the old offline installer it should work fine. For users who are okay with using Galaxy as a "download manager" of sorts, this may be an acceptable workaround. I do not wish to use Galaxy, so it looks like I will still be waiting, myself *shrugs*
Splatsch: Game just has been updated to 1.7.5, and the issue seems to be fixed ! :D
Splatsch: Game should be fixed now !
Great news! Also, I should point out in general I misspoke in my previous comment (the one you quoted) due to honest confusion...evidently you cannot get old offline installers through Galaxy, only a "rolled back" version of a Galaxy installation. Fortunately, if this has now been fixed, we don't have to worry about Galaxy and can simply get offline installers, as is our "GOG-given right" :)